Please see the attached for a great opportunity.
Literacy and Numeracy Programs offered to all Gr 1 to 6 students in our community!
Summer Boost: July 2-19, 2019
Mon, July 1st – 1:00 – 3:00 – Drop in
Mon. to Fri. 8:30am – 2:00pm
Open to students enrolled in Grade 1 to 6 as of September 2019
Register Today and Experience the Difference Summer Boost Makes!
Want to see your child improve his/her math, reading, writing and problem-solving skills and be READY for next year? Through our Summer Boost program teachers and students will experience three fun-filled weeks of learning and growing together. The goal of Summer Boost is to provide an exciting educational program aimed at improving the numeracy and literacy skills of our students.
- Experience a faith-based learning experience through prayer, meditation and integration of gospel values;
- Engage in fun literacy/numeracy activities at school and home with family members as part of the Home Numeracy/Literacy Program;
- Have a variety of opportunities for hands on learning through Scientists in Schools, Aboriginal guest speakers, robotics, coding and outside play;
- Be served healthy Nutrition for Learning snacks daily and will be engaged in regular physical activity that emphasizes teamwork, skills and sportsmanship;
- Receive an integrated arts education as cooperative activities will be designed each week to promote creativity and critical thinking as expressed through physical activity, music, drama and visual arts;
- Access technology including chromebooks and ipads;
- Make new friends and develop a belief in themselves as learners through the power of perseverance.