Dear Holy Spirit Parents and Guardians:
School Council is an advisory body that provides parents, staff and community representatives with the opportunity and means to advise the principal and the school board on related school issues. The Holy Spirit Catholic School Council is also responsible for the organization of many school programs.
These may include:
- New policies from the Ministry of Education and the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.
- Initiatives to promote more parent involvement in school life
- Fundraising initiatives
- Support of sacramental programs and graduation ceremonies.
- Support of classroom and teacher needs: Literacy and Numeracy initiatives.
- School Improvement Plans
- Safe and Secure School and Healthy School Initiatives
- School Renewal: Site Improvement
- Health, discipline and safety concerns/issues.
- Support for the marginalized of our school and city community
WHAT ARE THE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A SCHOOL COUNCIL MEMBER?
Holy Spirit Catholic School Council Members:
- Are people of good will who have a special commitment to the faith formation and education of our students.
- Place the overall interest of the students and Holy Spirit school first.
- Have a vested interest in preserving the tradition and reputation of Holy Spirit Catholic School and the preservation of the teaching of Catholic education in our publicly funded schools
- Participate in School Council meetings and school initiatives and programs.
- Seek to reach a consensus in the decision-making processes of the Council.
We’re looking for a few good people!
If you are interested in participating in the Holy Spirit School Council in the upcoming school year, please complete the candidate form and submit it to the school office C/O Mr. Mendonca by Monday September 16th, 2019. Our first school council meeting will be held on Tuesday October 1st, 2019.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND OUR FIRST MEETING REGARDLESS AS WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE SEEKING AN EXECUTIVE POSITION.
Please see the link below for the Nomination Form: