September 27th, 2019
The fall weather is almost upon us. This means that Thanksgiving and Christmas are fast approaching. Each year, Holy Spirit participates in an annual Food Drive on behalf of the St. Vincent de Paul Society of St. Ambrose Parish.
Last year, with your assistance, they were able to make over 500 house calls and at Christmas, they delivered 80 baskets of food to needy families.
We are once again asking for your support with regards to this food drive. Any non-perishable food item is accepted and greatly appreciated, but the Food Bank has advised that they are especially low on these following items:
- Canned tuna, salmon, sardines
- Canned meat (ham, turkey, chicken and luncheon meat)
- Pasta (macaroni & cheese, spaghetti and sidekicks)
- Pasta sauce
- Minute rice
- Tins of beans
- Jam, honey and peanut butter
- Pancake mix & pancake syrup
- Apple & tomato juice
- Cranberry sauce
- Hamburger helper
- Baby food
- Cereal-especially Rice Krispies and Corn Flakes
- Shampoo, hand soap & toothpaste.
If you are able to assist in this worthy cause, please send your item(s) to school with your child between Wednesday, October 2nd and Thursday, October 10th.
The Student Leadership Team at Holy Spirit School.
Please click on the link below for more information about our Thanksgiving Food Drive!