Bring On the Sunshine…
As we begin to switch from Winter mittens to Springtime sunscreen and water bottles we are grateful for the sunshine. There are many exciting things happening this week at Holy Spirit School. Our Gr. 4s will begin CCAT testing and we will also conduct some of our safety drills for lock-downs and tornadoes near the end of this week. Check out the specifics of all of the activities happening at Holy Spirit below.
Congratulations to Grade 7 Students Being Confirmed
Despite the challenging weather at the beginning of the week, our Grade 7 class was confirmed on Monday night. It was a joy for our school community! A special thanks to the families of the confirmandi who were celebrating the sacrament earlier in the week. Also, thank you to Mrs. Hanley, Ms. Sartoretto and Mrs. Lemos for your unwavering commitment to your students throughout their sacramental preparation. You will notice the pictures below are from Twitter. We regularly post updates and highlights on our Twitter feed and encourage you to follow.
MYSP Survey. Everyone is invited to participate!
MYSP stands for Multi-Year Strategic Plan. The board is seeking feedback from all stakeholders, and as parents in our community your voice is so very important. Please take some time to add your thoughts as the strategic priorities of the board are determined over the coming weeks and months. The survey can be accessed by clicking on the link below.
Safe Drop-Off and Pick-Up Routines Updated…
As mentioned in previous Newswire Communications, information regarding our Safe Drop-Off and Pick-Up routines was being sent home this month. Last week the information went home with the youngest and/or only child from each family in our school. The changes go into effect Monday, April 30th. Please take a moment to review the information and reach out if you have any questions about the new process. If you did not receive this information, an electronic copy is available from the link below. We really value our parent community and are grateful to our staff and parent council partners for working hard to implement the necessary protocols that apply to all schools in our district.
Fitness Frenzy was a HUGE SUCCESS!
A link to pictures and details from last week’s event is below, but we would like to extend our heartfelt appreciation to our incredible parent council volunteers who really made this event come to life. The funds raised will literally transform the yard of the school and impact so many families. Thank you to everyone who donated funds and continue to support the Holy Spirit community. A huge shout-out to Kim Piche for her inspiring leadership and positive approach to make such a large event happen!
Upcoming Events For Our Community:
Dr. Jean Clinton May 16th & Family Movie Night May 24th
An excellent speaker on children’s mental health and wellness, Dr. Jean Clinton, is going to be speaking at St. Benedict’s on Wednesday, May 16. Please RSVP to the details on the flyer below as there will be dinner provided and childcare available! You won’t want to miss out on this local opportunity.
Also, our student leadership team is representing Holy Spirit School at a Global Peace Day. To show our support for our young leaders, we are hosting a Family Movie Night showing Paddington 2 on May 24th. All details were sent home by letter and it will be a great time for you and your children to have some low cost entertainment while supporting the student leaders at Holy Spirit. We hope you can join us for some fun.
Upcoming Opportunities for Your Child This Summer…
As we get closer to our summer, we will continue to share opportunities for your child to participate in learning activities in June and July. Check out the fun camps in the links below!
Update from St. Ambrose Parish
Spring Bake Sale Sunday, April 29th in the Church Hall after 9am and 11am Mass. All are Welcome!
Monday, April 23rd
- Folk Dance at Lunch
- P.A.L.S. Primary Games During Last Recess
- Menchies Monday
Tuesday, April 24th
- Grade 5 Math Contest
- Grade One Students at Red’s in the Hood Play
- Primary Intramurals @ lunch in Gym
- P.A.L.S. Primary Games during last Recess
Wednesday, April 25th
- Prayer Club at Morning Recess
- Reading Club in the Library
- Folk Dance Practice at Lunch
- Climate Change and Global Warming Earth Week Presentation for Grades 4-8
- Badminton Clinic Afterschool in the gym
- Hot Lunch Subway
- Administrative Professional (Secretary’s) Appreciation Day
Thursday, April 26th
- Badminton Practice at Lunch
- Eco-Club in the Library at Lunch
Friday, April 27th
- Folk Dance Practice at 8AM in the Gym
- Kids Create Club in Library at Lunch
- Primary Intramurals at Lunch in the Gym
- Hot Lunch: Pizza
Looking Ahead Beyond this week…
- Grade 7 CAT4 Testing (April 30 – May 4)
- Fire Drills 4, 5 and 6 (April 30 – May 4)
- New Safety Drop-Off/Pick Up plan takes effect (April 30)
- Catholic Education Week Begins (May 7th)
- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast at Holy Spirit (May 8th)
- Holy Spirit Open House @ 9:30 AM (May 8th)
- Track and Field (May 10th and 11th)
- Mother’s Day (May 13th)
- Kindergarten Orientation (May 17th)
- Victoria Day (May 21st)
- Holy Spirit Family Movie Night (May 24th)
- PA Day (June 1)
- EQAO Testing (May 22nd -June 4)
- Cross Country Meet (June 4)
- Father’s Day (June 17th)
- Year End Mass (June 19th)
- Kindergarten Celebration (June 21)
- Mission Fund Day (June 22nd)
- Final Report Cards Go Home (June 26)
- Graduation Mass (June 27th)