Week 2 of Advent: Peace
Peace is such an important part of Advent, but it is easier said then done. Whether it is peace with extended family or simply a sense of peace when you are quiet and alone, peace is a lofty goal in any context. Fortunately, during Advent we take the time to remember that Jesus came to bring us peace, and as we wait for Him we can make choices that bring peace to others. Maybe it is an act of kindness to your neighbours. Perhaps it is about extending grace to the person ahead of you in the check out line price matching half the cart. It might even mean being kind to yourself and reminding yourself that there is nothing you can do to make God love you more and nothing you can do to make God love you less. We challenge the students to make Advent come alive in tangible ways, and we encourage you to take steps as a family to do the same. Talk about ways to bring peace to each other and the community as a family this week.
Parish Update From St. Ambrose
A Family Rosary will take place on Friday, Dec. 14th at 6:30pm at St. Ambrose Church. All families and children of ALL ages are welcome, no child is too young nor too old to attend. After the Rosary we will have fellowship in the church basement. Please bring a snack to share. Refreshments will be provided. Please use side door off the parking lot. “To pray the Rosary for children, and even more, with children, training them from their earliest years to experience this daily “pause for prayer” with the family, is admittedly not the solution to every problem, but it is a spiritual aid which should not be underestimated” Saint Pope John Paul II
Children’s Mass will be held on Sunday, Dec. 16th at 11:00 am. Families with young children are invited to attend this Mass. Children will be invited to sit in the Sanctuary for the homily. Everyone is welcome! ….. What Is “Bambinelli Sunday?” Each year on the Third Sunday of Advent, children gather with their families in St. Peter’s Square for “Bambinelli Sunday.” The children bring with them figurines of the Christ Child — the “Bambinelli” — from their family’s Nativity scene. Here at St. Ambrose Parish, we invite children to bring their baby Jesus to our Children’s Mass on December 16th and Father Irek will bless their “bambinelli” baby Jesus figurine.
Hot Lunch Orders
Many students choose to participate in our hot lunch program. Each Wednesday we have a different vendor and every Friday is Pizza Day. Please do not feel obligated to participate in every hot lunch offering that we provide. However, when you choose to use the service, all of the proceeds go directly to programs that enhance the educational experience of all students at Holy Spirit School. All are welcome to participate when it works for your family.
Monday, December 10th
- Intermediate Homework Club at 8AM
Tuesday, December 11th
- Another FANTASTIC Day of Learning.
- Ask your children about the Number Talks and Fraction Talks they are doing as a class.
Wednesday, December 12th
- Reading Club
- Hot Lunch: Quesada
Thursday, December 13th
- EcoClub in library at Lunch
- Intermediate Homework Club at 8AM
Friday, December 14th
- Grade 2 Students go to Westfield Heritage Village
- Mrs. Gingerich’s class visits the Safety Village in the AM
- Kids Create Club in Library at Lunch
Looking Ahead Beyond this week…
- Primary and Junior Christmas Concert (December 17th)
- Mr. Mastroianni Transitions to Vice-Principal of Holy Spirit (December 17th to 21st)
- Annual Christmas Turkey Lunch (December 18th)
- Dufflebag Theatre Performance at Holy Spirit (December 19th)
- Joy Day Intermediate Ballroom Performance (December 21st)
- Grade 7 Menengitis Gr. 7 Immunizations (January 10th)
- Mrs. Smyth, White and Martins Classes go to Shades Mill (January 11th)
- Family of Schools Pathway Night at St. Vincent De Paul (January 16th @ 6:30PM)
- First Communion Parent Meeting @ St. Ambrose Church (January 24th @ 6:30PM)
- P.D. Day (January 25th)