Welcome Back Flames!
We hope everybody enjoyed their March Break and each Holy Spirit family was able to grow closer by making memories and spending quality time with each other. As much as we love the time tp recharge, there is something special about our Holy Spirit community and our staff team is really looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. We have so many great days ahead before the end of June, and we look forward to your continued partnership as finish our Lenten Journey together and experience the joy of Easter Sunday. There is hope for each and every one of us, and we are excited about the possibilities that lie before us!
March Madness Theme Days Were a HUGE Success!
A huge thank you to our our Intermediate teachers and all the students on our Student Leadership Team who made all the fun memories possible. We appreciate your efforts!
Welcome Back Mrs. Smyth!
A huge thank you to Ms. Caprio for filling in for Mrs. Smyth who is now returning from a maternity leave. Mrs. Smyth is no stranger to Holy Spirit School and we are really excited to have her back on the team!
Congratulations to our Girls’ Volleyball Team!
With a Division AA Title, an undefeated season until play-offs and a 5th place finish for the entire board…the team has so much to be proud of! Well done girls! A huge shout out to Mr. Mastroianni and Mrs. Cassidy for their exceptional coaching, leadership and commitment to developing our student athletes. Fantastic work everyone!
HAVE YOUR SAY about the board’s budget!
The WCDSB is currently seeking feedback from all members of our community, especially our parent partners. Please take a few minutes to have your say about where the board should direct our resources to best meet the learning needs of the Holy Spirit Community. The Senior team at the board really does value the input parents provide, and will definitely use this data as they create priorities and goals for the latest strategic plan.
A link to the survey is below, but will only be active until March 26th! It will only take a few minutes to have your voice count.
Monday, March 19th
- WELCOME BACK EVERYONE!!!!
- Folk Dance at Lunch
Tuesday, March 20th
- Lego Colouring Club in Mrs. White’s Room
- Junior Intramurals: Grade 6 students invited
- FIRST DAY OF SPRING!
Wednesday, March 21st
- Prayer Club at Morning Recess
- Lego Colouring Club in Mrs. Rose’s Room
- Girls’ Volleyball Development Tournament at St. Margaret in the afternoon
- Reading Club in the Library
- Folk Dance Practice at Lunch
- Badminton Clinic Afterschool in the gym
- Hot Lunch Subway
Thursday, March 22nd
- Badminton Tryouts at Lunch in the Gym
- Eco-Club in the Library
- Boys’ Basketball Development Tournament at St. Margaret in the afternoon
- Badminton Tryouts At Lunch in the Gym
- MADD Presentation to Gr. 7’s and 8’s
- Badminton Clinic Afterschool in the Gym
Friday, March 23rdd
- Pizza Day for Lunch
- Folk Dance Practice at 8 AM
- Grade 7 Intramurals at Lunch
- Kids Create in the Library
Looking Ahead Beyond this week…
- Fitness Frenzy Kick Off Assembly (March 28th)
- Holy Thursday (March 29th)
- Good Friday (March 30)
- Easter Sunday (April 1)
- Easter Monday (April 2)
- Holy Spirit School Easter Mass (April 10th)
- First Communion Mass at St. Ambrose (April 14th)
- Fitness Frenzy Fundraising Event (April 18th)
- Catholic Education Week Begins (May 7th)
- Track and Field (May 10th and 11th)
- Mother’s Day (May 13th)
- Victoria Day (May 21st)