Happy Mother’s Day…
The Mothers who are currently reading this are busy setting their children up for success the next week. Each of you means so much to your families and it is a privilege to be a part of a community with so many wonderful mothers. Please accept the warmest of wishes from our staff to have an AMAZING day. It is well-deserved!
A Week of Celebration! Catholic Education Week Was Simply Wonderful!…
Catholic Education Week was about Renewing the Promise of Catholic Education. We were very proud of how events unfolded at Holy Spirit because we really honoured our core beliefs. We believe deeply in the partnership between home, school and parish. Parents attended 2 liturgies, including a beautiful Crowning of Mary celebration. Parents were invited to 2 open houses in the school and on the field at our Track and Field Day. We celebrated family with a strong finish to the Roots of Empathy Program as we said goodbye to our Roots of Empathy babies. We honoured our treasured parent volunteers with breakfast and honoured God’s creation by ensuring our Eco-Certification team renewed their commitments to our community and planet. Our students used their God-given talents to build community through healthy competition at Track and Field and through the intricate Folk Dance routines showcased at the Preston Arena. It was a fantastic week and we were excited to see so many parents engaged in the celebration. Thanks for attending the events that you did!
The Weather is Definitely Warming Up…
Please remember to send sunscreen, hat and a refillable water bottle to school so your child can have lots of fun and stay safe!
Upcoming Kindergarten Orientation Night THIS WEEK on May 17th @ 6:30PM
Please see the link below for details on the Kindergarten Orientation. If you have a son or daughter attending JK in the Fall, you do not want to miss this!
Update from St. Ambrose Parish
Messa Italiana, an Italian Mass will be held on Sunday, May 20th at 1:00 pm. at St. Ambrose Church. Father Aleks Mazur SAC will be the celebrant for this Mass. Everyone welcome!
Children’s Mass will be held on Sunday, May 27th at 11:00 am. Families with young children are invited to attend this Mass. Children will be invited to sit in the Sanctuary for the homily. Everyone welcome!
Monday, May 14th
- P.A.L.S. Primary Games During Last Recess
- Menchies Monday
Tuesday, May 15th
- Comic Presentation in the Library
- Ballroom Practice
Wednesday, May 16th
- Prayer Club at Morning Recess
- Reading Club in the Library
- Badminton Clinic Afterschool in the gym
- Hot Lunch Pita Pit
- Jean Clinton Speaking at St. Benedict’s in the evening. See Flyer –> Jean Clinton May 16th
Thursday, May 17th
- Badminton Practice at Lunch
- Eco-Club in the Library at Lunch
- Kindergarten Orientation @ 6:30 PM
Friday, May 18th
- Grade 5 trip to Queen’s Park
- Kids Create Club in Library at Lunch
- Hot Lunch: Pizza
Monday, May 21st
- VICTORIA DAY…NO SCHOOL TODAY
- EQAO Testing for Grade 6 Classes starts tomorrow
Looking Ahead Beyond this week…
- EQAO Testing (May 22nd -June 4)
- Holy Spirit Family Movie Night (May 24th)
- Badminton Tournament at Doyle (May 29th)
- Final Parent Council Meeting of the Year (May 29th)
- Student Leadership Attends Peace Day (May 31st)
- PA Day (June 1)
- Cross Country Meet (June 4)
- Ontario Provincial Election (June 7)**Holy Spirit is a polling station. Parking will be a challenge throughout the day.
- Grade 6 Classes go to Canadian Warplace Museum (June 8)
- Grade 4 Classes go to Gibson Park Robin in the Hood Medieval Festival (June 8)
- Grade 3 Class to Waterloo Region Museum
- Father’s Day (June 17th)
- Junior 3 Pitch Tournament (June 18th)
- Year End Mass (June 19th)
- Grade 2 Class to Montana’s (June 20th)
- Kindergarten Celebration (June 21)
- Mission Fund Day (June 22nd)
- Final Report Cards Go Home (June 26)
- Graduation Mass (June 27th)
- Year End Talent Show (June 29th)