Construction on Junior/Intermediate Natural Playground is…COMPLETE!
There is construction fencing is GONE and the work is complete. So many students were interested in using it that we needed to put a schedule of use in place! Thank you parents for your generosity and support of the project. It makes a real difference to so many kids!
Halloween FUNdraiser Dance-A-Thon is ON!
Earlier in the month, each child was sent home a pledge form and a letter explaining how the funds will be used. We are excited to launch our fundraiser early this year so the additional resources can be deployed earlier to our children and benefit their learning in the year the donations were made. When we partner with our parent community, we know it makes a world of difference for our kids’ educational experience. We are grateful for your continued support. Looking forward to a Fun Event and the enhancements the fundraising provides for our students’ school year. A reminder: Donations for the Raffle Table and All Pledges Due October 24th. ONLY 10 DAYS LEFT!!!!
Parish Update From St. Ambrose
Children’s Mass will be held on Sunday, October 21st at 11:00 am. Families with young children are invited to attend this Mass. Children will be invited to sit in the Sanctuary for the homily. Everyone is welcome!
New Altar Servers
We would like to welcome children to become altar servers. It is a honour to serve at the Lord’s table during Holy Mass. Parents, please speak to your son or daughter about becoming an altar server. Training will be held soon. Students (Grade 4 and older) who would like to be altar servers are asked to contact Fr. Irek or Mrs. Roy at the parish office or email email@example.com
Grade 4 Bible Celebration Was AWESOME!
Our Grade 4 students received their Bibles that were blessed by Father Irek at a special celebration earlier in the week. It was well attended by our parents and we are grateful that so many were able to join us for the special moment in our children’s faith journey. Thank you to Mr. Dosen, Mrs. McNally and Mrs. Mederak for preparing our children to be ready for the great celebration.
Hot Lunch Orders
Many students choose to participate in our hot lunch program. Each Wednesday we have a different vendor and every Friday is Pizza Day. Please do not feel obligated to participate in every hot lunch offering that we provide. However, when you choose to use the service, all of the proceeds go directly to programs that enhance the educational experience of all students at Holy Spirit School. All are welcome to participate when it works for your family.
Monday, October 15th
- Boys Volleyball Game @ SVDP
- Fundraising Sub-Committee Meeting at 3PM in the Conference Room. All are welcome to attend!
- Girls Basketball Hosts Pere Rene de Galinee @ Holy Spirit at 4PM
Tuesday, October 16th
- Early Childhood Educator Appreciation Day.
- Girls Basketball Practice at lunch.
Wednesday, October 17th
- Girls Basketball Game @ SVDP at 4PM
- Boys’ Volleyball practice in the gym at lunch
- Reading Club in Library
- Hot Lunch Subway
Thursday, October 18th
- EcoClub in library at Lunch
- Girls’ Basketball Practice in the Gym at Lunch
- Flag Football Tournament
- Gr. 7 Confirmation Meeting with Father Irek (For grade 7 Students only…Parents, please ask them how it went afterschool 🙂 )
Friday, October 19th
- Pizza Lunch
- Kids Create Club in Library
- Boys’ Volleyball practice in gym at Lunch
Looking Ahead Beyond this week…
- Municipal Election *Holy Spirit is a Polling Station (October 22)
- Parent Council Meeting (October 23 @ 6:30PM in the Library. All are Welcome)
- P.A. Day (October 26th)
- Photo Retake Day (October 29th)
- Halloween Dance-A-Thon FUNdraiser (October 31)
- Grade 7s at Camp Brebeuf (November 1 and 2)
- Book Fair in Learning Commons (November 5 to 9)
- Progress Reports Go Home (November 6th)
- Parent/Student/Teacher Conferencing (November 8th)
- P.A. Day (November 16th)
- Grade 7 Commitment Masses (November 24 and 25)
- Advent Confessions (November 30)
- School Family Advent Mass @ St. Ambrose Parish (December 5th)
- Dufflebag Theatre Performance at Holy Spirit (December 19th)