Halloween FUNdraiser Dance-A-Thon is ON!
Earlier in the month, each child was sent home a pledge form and a letter explaining how the funds will be used. We are excited to launch our fundraiser early this year so the additional resources can be deployed earlier to our children and benefit their learning in the year the donations were made. When we partner with our parent community, we know it makes a world of difference for our kids’ educational experience. We are grateful for your continued support. Looking forward to a Fun Event and the enhancements the fundraising provides for our students’ school year. A reminder: Donations for the Raffle Table and All Pledges Due October 24th. ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT!!!!
Parish Update From St. Ambrose
New Altar Servers
We would like to welcome children to become altar servers. It is a honour to serve at the Lord’s table during Holy Mass. Parents, please speak to your son or daughter about becoming an altar server. Training will be held soon. Students (Grade 4 and older) who would like to be altar servers are asked to contact Fr. Irek or Mrs. Roy at the parish office or email email@example.com
Parents in Touch Prayer Group
St. Ambrose Parish invites you to the Parents in Touch Prayer Group. Please join them every Tuesday morning at 9:20am for the Rosary, at the side altar of Our Blessed Mother. Come pray for parents, children, family, friends, teachers and one another.
Hot Lunch Orders
Many students choose to participate in our hot lunch program. Each Wednesday we have a different vendor and every Friday is Pizza Day. Please do not feel obligated to participate in every hot lunch offering that we provide. However, when you choose to use the service, all of the proceeds go directly to programs that enhance the educational experience of all students at Holy Spirit School. All are welcome to participate when it works for your family.
Monday, October 22nd
- MUNICIPAL ELECTION. Holy Spirit is a Poling Station. Cast your vote!
- (Also, traffic might be busier than normal. Please give yourself extra time.)
Tuesday, October 23rd
- Hold and Secure Safety Drill
- Girls Basketball Practice at lunch.
- Parent Council Meeting at 6:30PM in the Library. All are welcome.
Wednesday, October 24th
- Girls Basketball Game @ St. Augustine at 4PM
- Boys’ Volleyball Game vs St. Augustine @ Holy Spirit in the gym
- Reading Club in Library
- Hot Lunch Swiss Chalet
Thursday, October 25th
- EcoClub in library at Lunch
- Tornado Safety Drill
- Girls’ Basketball Practice in the Gym at Lunch
- Hep B and HPV Gr 7 Immunizations
Friday, October 26th
- Professional Development Day (No school for students)
Looking Ahead Beyond this week…
- Photo Retake Day (October 29th)
- Halloween Dance-A-Thon FUNdraiser (October 31)
- Grade 7s at Camp Brebeuf (November 1 and 2)
- Book Fair in Learning Commons (November 5 to 9)
- Progress Reports Go Home (November 6th)
- Parent/Student/Teacher Conferencing (November 8th)
- P.A. Day (November 16th)
- Sarah Westbrook Presentation (November 19th)
- Grade 7 Commitment Masses (November 24 and 25)
- Advent Confessions (November 30)
- School Family Advent Mass @ St. Ambrose Parish (December 5th)
- Dufflebag Theatre Performance at Holy Spirit (December 19th)