Halloween FUNdraiser Dance-A-Thon is ON!
We are very excited! A reminder: Any Remaining Pledges and Raffle table donations must come in tomorrow. The kids are very excited and looking forward to dancing! Thank you to everyone who has contributed to and supported our community. Your generosity makes a real difference to our students and their school experience!
ALSO, Parent Council will be selling Glow Sticks the Day of the Dance. They will be 2 for $1, so please send your child with a loonie or toonie on Wednesday.
Photo Retake Day: Tomorrow (Monday, October 29th)
If your child is participating in Photo Retakes, please remember that they are happening tomorrow!
All Saints Day and All Souls Day
As Catholics, we are privileged to have a faith rich in history and tradition. Sometimes when secular holidays like Halloween get mixed in, it becomes even more confusing to know what exactly we are celebrating. But we are a people of Joy and Hope! We encourage you to take 3 minutes and watch this brief video explaining the various days that take place this week, and spend some time with your families honouring our loved ones who have passed on and the Saints (aka heroes of our faith).
Parish Update From St. Ambrose
Friday, November 2nd, Mass at 6:30 pm Catholics around the world will commemorate “All Souls Day”. At St. Ambrose Parish, an evening Mass will be held to pray for the souls of our family members and friends who have died.
Youth Ministry Volunteers needed. Youth Ministry also sometimes referred to as a youth group, is an age-specific religious ministry. The Catholic church views the youth as an important and integral part of the Church as a whole. Youth ministry aims to involve and engage with young people, making them feel welcome within the Church community. Unfortunately, this ministry is lacking in our parish and Father Irek would like to encourage some adults to come forward to take the lead in initiating a youth group. If you are interested or have questions please contact Father Irek at the parish office.
Save The Date: Amazing Speaker Coming To Holy Spirit School
We are delighted to have Sara Westbrook speak on the topic of Habits of Resilient Families. She is a motivational speaker, author & singer who specializes in Resilience, Confidence and Emotional and Mental Well-Being. She is speaking to students during the day, and then doing a special Parents Only Presentation geared towards strategies parents can use with children to build resilience and support their well-being. The date is Monday, November 19th @ 6:30PM.
The Book Fair will be held in the library from Monday, November 5th until Friday, November 9th. Books will be on display to preview and purchase. Parents are welcome to come in anytime through the school day to make purchases as well. See the advertisement below for more details.
Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week Begins November 1st
Fire safety is so important to discuss and it often begins in the home. As you have those conversations with your children, we would like you to access some resources provided by the Waterloo Region. Please see the letter below that contains some links for you to access more information as you discuss fire safety with your children.
Lisbon Pines Road Closure
We received some information about the road closures around our school and wanted to share that with our community. Please see the letter below for all the relevant details.
Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences Next Week
We are sending out a paper copy of the form below, but we know that sometimes papers disappear before you have the chance to even ask for them. Should your child not hand you a blue piece of paper, a digital copy is below for you to print out at your convenience. We are asking that all forms be returned by October 31st so we can begin organizing interview time slots.
Hot Lunch Orders
Many students choose to participate in our hot lunch program. Each Wednesday we have a different vendor and every Friday is Pizza Day. Please do not feel obligated to participate in every hot lunch offering that we provide. However, when you choose to use the service, all of the proceeds go directly to programs that enhance the educational experience of all students at Holy Spirit School. All are welcome to participate when it works for your family.
Monday, October 29th
- Photo Retake Day
- BRING IN YOUR PLEDGE MONEY AND DEFINITELY GET YOUR RAFFLE TICKETS!
- Boys’ Volleyball Practice at Lunch in Gym
- Girls Basketball Flames host St. Vincent De Paul at 4PM in the Gym
Tuesday, October 30th
- Girls Basketball Practice at lunch.
- LAST DAY TO BRING IN PLEDGE MONEY AND MAYBE GET TICKETS!
- Bus Evacuation Safety Drill
Wednesday, October 31st
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN! FUNdraiser DANCE-A-THON in the Afternoon
- Raffle Prizes Drawn!
- Glow Sticks Being Sold. Send a Loonie or Toonie so your child can get their Glow On!
- Mrs. Martin’s Class goes to Safety Village and returns to join the Dance!
- Hot Lunch Pita Pit
Thursday, November 1st
- All Saints Day
- Grade 7s Go to Camp Brebeuf for Confirmation Retreat
- EcoClub in library at Lunch
Friday, November 2nd
- All Souls Day
- Grade 7s Return From Camp Brebeuf Retreat
- Hot Pizza Lunch
- Kids Create Club
Looking Ahead Beyond this week…
- Book Fair in Learning Commons (November 5 to 9)
- Progress Reports Go Home (November 6th)
- Parent/Student/Teacher Conferencing (November 8th)
- P.A. Day (November 16th)
- Sarah Westbrook Presentation (November 19th)
- Grade 7 Commitment Masses (November 24 and 25)
- Advent Confessions (November 30)
- School Family Advent Mass @ St. Ambrose Parish (December 5th)
- Dufflebag Theatre Performance at Holy Spirit (December 19th)
- Grade 7 Menengitis Gr. 7 Immunizations (January 10th)
- Mrs. Smyth, White and Martins Classes go to Shades Mill (January 11th)
- Family of Schools Pathway Night at St. Vincent De Paul (January 16th @ 6:30PM)
- First Communion Parent Meeting @ St. Ambrose Church (January 24th @ 6:30PM)
- P.D. Day (January 25th)