Holy Spirit Scares Hunger…
Last week our school pulled together to make a big a difference to our community. We donated over 15 boxes of tightly packed canned goods that will support families in need within our greater Cambridge community. Our Me to We team partnered with our Student Leadership Team to organize this food drive. Special thanks to Mrs. Lemos, Mrs. Hanley, Mr. Luciani, Mrs. Silva and Ms. Tremblay for their pivotal service and leadership in the We Scare Hunger campaign.
Halloween FUNdraiser Dance-A-Thon is ON!
This past Friday we launched our Halloween Dance-A-Thon FUNdraiser. Each child was sent home a pledge form and a letter explaining how the funds will be used. We are excited to launch our fundraiser early this year so the additional resources can be deployed earlier to our children and benefit their learning in the year the donations were made. When we partner with our parent community, we know it makes a world of difference for our kids’ educational experience. We are grateful for your continued support. Looking forward to a Fun Event and the enhancements the fundraising provides for our students’ school year.
A Wonderful Thanksgiving Liturgy
The grade 2 classes led us in a wonderful Thanksgiving liturgy. Thank you to all who were able to celebrate with us. The altar is filled with the things that each class is particularly grateful for. Thank you to Mrs. Lojek-Smyth, Mrs. Martins and Mrs. White for your spiritual leadership to our community and your continued investment in the faith formation of our grade 2 students.
Construction Continuing on Junior/Intermediate Natural Playground
There is construction fencing in place around the work being done and students will be completely safe during the building process. We look forward to the final product which should be completed in 3 or 4 weeks, weather permitting.
Collecting Gently Used Dump Truck Toys
There is a desire from our Kindergarten students in our ELKP area to play with outdoor Dump Truck Toys. If your family has passed this phase and would like to free up some space in your home, our Early Years team would appreciate any donations. We are grateful for any help you can provide in meeting this need.
Spirit Wear is Available to Order! ONLY 1 WEEK LEFT!
Please check out the link below and order your spirit wear so it can arrive before the Christmas rush in December. We hope everyone will be able to wear some Holy Spirit Gear with pride.
Have Your Say as the Province Begins Education Consultations Across the Province
The government of Ontario has started its consultation process this Fall and is inviting parents to share their thoughts. Please visit the website below and have your voice heard about the direction the Ministry of Education should take with education in the coming months.
The consultations are intended to focus on the following topics:
- How to improve student performance in the disciplines of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM);
- How our schools are preparing students with needed job skills;
- What more can be done to ensure students graduate with important life skills, like financial literacy;
- How to build an updated and age-appropriate Health and Physical Education curriculum that includes subjects like sexual health education, mental health and the legalization of cannabis;
- What measures can be taken to improve standardized testing;
- What steps schools should take regarding the use of technology in classrooms, such as the use of cell phones; and
- What elements would participants like to see included in the Ministry of Education Parents’ Bill of Rights.
Hot Lunch Orders
Many students choose to participate in our hot lunch program. Each Wednesday we have a different vendor and every Friday is Pizza Day. Please do not feel obligated to participate in every hot lunch offering that we provide. However, when you choose to use the service, all of the proceeds go directly to programs that enhance the educational experience of all students at Holy Spirit School. All are welcome to participate when it works for your family.
Monday, October 8th
Tuesday, October 9th
- Mrs. White’s Class goes to the Safety Village in the AM
- LAST WEEK TO ORDER SPIRIT WEAR
Wednesday, October 10th
- Grade 4 Bible Celebration (Contact Classroom Teachers for More Details)
- Boys’ Volleyball practice in the gym
- Reading Club in Library
- Hot Lunch Quesada
Thursday, October 11th
- EcoClub in library at Lunch
- Girls’ Basketball Practice in the Gym at Lunch
Friday, October 12th
- Pizza Lunch
- Kids Create Club in Library
- Boys’ Volleyball practice in gym at Lunch
Looking Ahead Beyond this week…
- Flag Football Tournament (October 18th)
- Municipal Election *Holy Spirit is a Polling Station (October 22)
- P.A. Day (October 26th)
- Photo Retake Day (November 29th)
- Halloween Dance-A-Thon FUNdraiser (October 31)
- Grade 7s at Camp Brebeuf (November 1 and 2)
- Book Fair in Learning Commons (November 5 to 9)
- Progress Reports Go Home (November 6th)
- Parent/Student/Teacher Conferencing (November 8th)
- P.A. Day (November 16th)
- Grade 7 Commitment Masses (November 24 and 25)
- Advent Confessions (November 30)
- School Family Advent Mass @ St. Ambrose Parish (December 5th)
- Dufflebag Theatre Performance at Holy Spirit (December 19th)